Friday, May 20, 2011

Arab Spring

As regular readers of Unimpossible Life, you know that I spend most of my energy contemplating the critical issues of contemporary life that influence the undercurrents of society, politics, and religion.  That is why this blog is dedicated to the world changing series of events that have been building over the past several months--events that cut across demographics, ethnicities, and culture.  Events that will shape the future.  I like to summarize these events with the term: Arab Spring.  And even though I have been observing these events in the Arab world, I am certain that similar trends are affecting all loyal U.L. readers around the world in significant ways.

You see, the influence of Arab Spring is inescapable.  Not two months ago, I was regularly wearing a sweater and a jacket to and from work.  Last month, I stopped wearing sweaters almost altogether.  And lately, even the jacket has been unnecessary.  But the warmer temperatures associated with this Arab Spring are not the only noticeable trend.  As you will see illustrated below, the plants in and around Ramallah are coming alive with new growth.  These are truly astonishing developments.

My bold prediction is that this Arab Spring will soon yield to something altogether new and different.  Something I'm tentatively calling: The Arab Summer.  Stay tuned.  And in the meantime, if you are so bold, scroll through some photographic evidence of the Arab Spring of 2011...

Apparently, Ramallah is home to huge stalks of asparagus. 

Purple flowers are a more typical Arab Spring sighting.

These delicate red flowers truly symbolize the essence of the Arab Spring.

 Nothing says "Arab Spring" louder than olive buds.

Even cacti are flowering during these revolutionary times.



And that concludes this week's groundbreaking analysis.  Next week I will explore even more astounding dimensions of the Arab Spring.  In addition to influencing the weather and climate, I believe the Arab Spring can be a source of fresh ground water and a useful shock absorbing device!!

2 comments:

  1. you took off my last comment.
    that makes me sad.
    but this post makes me happy!
    yet another unintentional result of arab spring!

    (when did your wife start eating oatmeal?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For every season is change ...love the blog

    ReplyDelete